Lonely Planet's Experience Portugal travel guide reveals exciting new ways to explore this iconic destination with one-of-a-kind adventures at every turn. Feast on fresh fish in the Algarve, enjoy a yoga class with wine, island-hop the white sand banks of the Ria Formosa – using our local experts and planning tools to create your own unique trip.
Inside Lonely Planet’s Experience Portugal:
Inside Lonely Planet's Experience Portugal:
- Local experts share their love for the real Portugal, offering fresh perspectives into the country's traditions, values and modern trends to make your travel experience even more meaningful
- In the know tips to help you build on your experiences when visiting well-known sights and landmarks
- Fun insights that will pique your curiosity and take you to the heart of the place – embrace Alentejo's slow paced vibe with olive harvesting and horse riding; discover riverside Porto by bike and stop for freshly grilled seafood in Afurada; dive in the crisp waters of the human-made Azibo reservoir
- Insider scoop on the best festivals, secret hangouts, hidden locations, tantalising local food scene and photo-worthy views
- Handy seasonal trip planner to guide you on where to go, when to travel and what to pack
- Practical information on money, getting around, unique and local ways to stay, and responsible travel
- Comprehensive selection of maps throughout and beautiful full-colour photography to inspire you as you plan your unforgettable journey
Lonely Planet's Experience Portugal is an essential travel guide for all explorers looking to immerse themselves in the Portuguese way of life. Each book within the Experience series contains handy trip building tools so that you can take your pick of the must-see attractions and activities as suggested by our local experts – and create your own dream travel itinerary to get away from the everyday. Unlock even more travel secrets using the QR codes throughout each guide and discover story-worthy travel moments that you'll never forget.
Covers Lisbon, Alentejo, The Algarve, Porto, Douro Valley, Tras-os-Montes
eBook is available in ePub, MOBI and PDF.
Publication Date: March 2022
Writers: Sandra Henriques, Gail Aguiar, Jennifer Barchfield, Daniel Clarke, Marlene Marques, Joana Taborda
258 pages, 258pp color, 20 maps | Dimensions: 140mm × 180mm
Next edition due: Not yet determined
Add to your travels: