Wildlife, beaches, ruins, Mt Kilimanjaro, friendly people, fascinating cultures – Tanzania has all these and more wrapped up in one adventurous, welcoming package. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Tanzania, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Listen to the sound of pounding hooves as wildebeest stampede across the Serengeti; pick your beach from over 100km of Indian Ocean coastline; track chimpanzees in Tanzania’s remote western parks; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Tanzania and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Tanzania Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, wildlife, landscapes, arts, daily life, food, people, national parks and reserves
- Over 68 maps
Covers Includes: Dar es Salaam, Zanzibar, Southeastern Tanzania, Southern Highlands, Western Tanzania, Lake Victoria, Central Tanzania, Northern Tanzania, Northeastern Tanzania, and more
Publication Date: June 2018
Writers: Mary Fitzpatrick, Ray Bartlett, David Else, Anthony Ham, Helena Smith
416 pages, 96pp color, 58 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: November 2023