Lonely Planet's Guide to Travel Writing
Written by a pre-eminent travel writer and bursting with invaluable advice, this inspiring and practical guide is a must for anyone who has ever yearned to turn their travels into saleable tales. Packed with insider hints and tips, practical writing exercises and examples of travel writing excellence, this guide helps bring the dream job of Travel Writer within scribbling distance of reality.
Writers: Andrew Bain // Tim Cahill // Paul Clammer // George Dunford // Pico Iyer // Rory MacLean // Daisann McLane // Danny Palmerlee // Margo Pfeiff // Rolf Potts // Alison Rice // Anthony Sattin // Stanley Stewart // Mara Vorhees
Magazine & Online Editors: Keith Bellows, National Geographic Traveler // Jim Benning, World Hum // Anthony Dennis, Travel + Leisure Australia & New Zealand // Lyn Hughes, Wanderlust // Jonathan Lorie, Traveller // Sarah Miller, Condé Nast Traveller
Newspaper Travel Editors: Simon Calder, The Independent // Ed Grenby, The Sunday Times Travel Magazine // Catharine Hamm, The Los Angeles Times // Robert Upe, The Age
Agents: Lizzy Kremer, David Higham Associates Ltd // Amy Rennert, Amy Rennert Agency
- Discover the secrets of crafting a great travel story
- Learn how to conduct pre-trip and on-the-road research
- Develop effective interviewing techniques
- How to get your name in print (and money in your bank account)
- Insights on the quirks of writing for newpapers, magazines, online and books
- Includes extensive listings of writers’ resources & industry organisations
* Please note, this title is not available in digital PDF format.
About Book only purchase
We'll send you the physical printed book but you won't be given access to our PDF eBook downloads.
Select "Book + PDF eBook" i you would also like to download a digital version of this book.
Item(s) added to cart. Go to checkout now
What you get:
- 1 Printed Book
- Pages 352 pp
- Weight 0.33 kg / 0.73 lb
Lonely Planet's Guide to Travel Writing for kindle - buy via Amazon