Best in Travel 2016 - Top 10 Regions (Chapter)
Be an in-the-know traveler this year with Lonely Planet’s collection of the hottest trends and destinations and all-around best travel experiences for the year ahead. Drawing on the knowledge, passion and miles travelled by Lonely Planet's staff, authors and online community, we present a year's worth of travel inspiration to take you out of the ordinary and into some unforgettable experiences.
This chapter features our Top 10 regions to visit in 2016. We don’t just report on the trends, we set them – helping you get there before the crowds do. These regions are chosen because they are particularly exciting right now, are a nice escape from the crowds of a special event, are more accessible than ever, have a revitalized infrastructure, offer new things for travellers to do or are just criminally overlooked and underrated. So what are you waiting for?
So what are our Top 10 regions? See if you can figure them out based on the following clues...
- A region brimming with mountain thrills and an edgy art renaissance, it casts a powerful spell.
- Off most tourists’ radars, there are top adventures to be had in a land of raw beauty.
- Improvement in international relations positions this slow-paced society on the brink of change.
- A very little-visited destination, here cellar doors are not a tourist attraction but a way of life.
- Shining brilliantly, it has new cutting-edge culinary scene and a silver anniversary to celebrate.
- The playground of the Gods, it’s a utopia of secret coves and beaches, rolling vineyards and bohemian sensibilities.
- Long overlooked, it’s reinventing itself with ambitious art projects and a portfolio of wilderness adventures.
- Celebrate a boisterous beer birthday in an off-the-charts tapestry of treats.
- A remote antidote to the global games fever, it fully warrants a trip in its own right.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95