Best in Travel 2016 - Top 10 Countries (Chapter)
Be an in-the-know traveler this year with Lonely Planet’s collection of the hottest trends and destinations and all-around best travel experiences for the year ahead. Drawing on the knowledge, passion and miles travelled by Lonely Planet's staff, authors and online community, we present a year's worth of travel inspiration to take you out of the ordinary and into some unforgettable experiences.
This chapter features our Top 10 countries to visit in 2016. We don’t just report on the trends, we set them – helping you get there before the crowds do. These countries are chosen because they are particularly exciting right now, are hosting a special event or celebrating an anniversary, are more accessible than ever, have a revitalized infrastructure, offer new things for travellers to do or are just criminally overlooked and underrated. So what are you waiting for?
So what are our Top 10 countries? See if you can figure them out based on the following clues...
- The unsung success of an entire continent celebrates 50 years of an enlightened government.
- Currency devaluing means there’s no better time to experience it.
- Celebrate its best idea, now better than ever.
- Unspoiled terrain, sustainable tourist efforts: it’s one of the world’s greenest secrets.
- Shining brilliantly, it has new, cutting-edge culinary scene and a silver anniversary to celebrate.
- Experience extraordinary wilderness at its best before compromises are made.
- The Cultural Capital is justifiably crowned for its rise to the top.
- Much more than a buffer state, the progressive society is ready to promote its assets.
- New air routes to the refreshingly wild country means it’s easier to access.
- A country that’s got its groove back, there is a palpable vitality and confidence again.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF