Best in Travel 2016 - Top 10 Cities (Chapter)
Be an in-the-know traveler this year with Lonely Planet’s collection of the hottest trends and destinations and all-around best travel experiences for the year ahead. Drawing on the knowledge, passion and miles travelled by Lonely Planet's staff, authors and online community, we present a year's worth of travel inspiration to take you out of the ordinary and into some unforgettable experiences.
This chapter features our Top 10 cities to visit in 2016. We don’t just report on the trends, we set them – helping you get there before the crowds do. These cities are chosen because they are particularly exciting right now, are hosting a special event or celebrating an anniversary, are more accessible than ever, have a revitalized infrastructure, offer new things for travellers to do or are just criminally overlooked and underrated. So what are you waiting for?
So what are our Top 10 countries? See if you can figure them out based on the following clues...
- Get a taste of a charmed-life before it gets the cruise ship makeover.
- The wheels of fortune turn benevolently for this recently well-greased city of breathtaking views.
- Behold a city rejuvenated with fresh flavours, vibrancy and optimism.
- A surprising arts scene and hip accommodations offer much allure.
- With grand openings of new eye-popping experiences, it’s a veritable open-air gallery of construction.
- This is set to be the year the country’s powerhouse of fashion, finance and film come of age.
- Celebrate the raffish harbor town’s sea salty soul in a year of awesome art events.
- Once the engine of the Industrial Revolution, the country’s cultural boomtown has found a new groove for the 21st century.
- Times are good and the spoils are there for the taking in this youthful, creative city.
- Recipient of a good ol’ polishing up, this city has never been as sparkly as now.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95