Yellowstone & Grand Teton NP - Around Grand Teton (Chapter)
This is the Around Grand Teton chapter from Lonely Planet’s Yellowstone guidebook.
Outside the park boundaries, the landscape continues the rampage of beauty with cold clear rivers, winding single tracks and steep powder runs. One of the best times to visit this region is in winter, when Jackson Hole and Grand Targhee serve up deep, pillowy snow to ride. Lodges light roaring fires and the wilderness becomes a haven for dogsledding, snowshoeing, ski touring and winter fun.
- Luxuriate at Rock Spring Yurt in a guided overnight trek to the backcountry
- Ride through the wildflower meadows to explore Idaho’s Teton Valley on horseback and soak in Granite Hot Springs pool after a hard day on the hoof
- Tear down single-track trails on mountain bikes only to catch your breath on the gondola ride up at Jackson Hole
- restaurants & accommodation
- Cross streams and crest lofty ridges on the trail to Table Mountain
Coverage includes: Jackson, Jackson Hole, Upper Wind River Valley, Idaho’s Teton Valley and Idaho’S Teton Valley.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.