Seattle - Day Trips from Seattle (Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Seattle chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seattle guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Seattle and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Bainbridge Island and Whidbey Island.
- worth visiting for the ferry journey alone, Bainbridge Island is like a detached Seattle suburb where life moves at a distinctly slower pace
- Whidbey Island is a gentle green escape packed with pioneer history, winding lanes and an aura of peace that seems a million miles from downtown Seattle
- Snoqualmie Valley is a pastoral agricultural heaven east of Seattle that’s renowned for its supersonic waterfall and misty mountainous Twin Peaks nostalgia
- the state capital Olympia is smaller and slower paced than Seattle, but has a salubrious collegiate feel and an envelope-pushing music scene
- tiny Northwest town, La Conner, has reinvented itself as an arts community with a strong culinary tradition and a nationally renowned tulip festival
- Mt Rainer is the USA’s fifth-tallest mountain outside Alaska and is an omnipresent Seattle sentinel when the weather’s clear. Since 1899, it has been encased in an enviably managed national park
Coverage includes: Bainbridge Island, Whidbey Island, Snoqualmie Valley, Olympia, La Conner and Mt Rainier.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
Get the eBook now and the book upon release
This product is available only on pre-order