San Francisco - Day Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from San Francisco chapter from Lonely Planet’s San Francisco guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from San Francisco and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Berkeley and Muir Woods to Stinson Beach.
- home to a cutting-edge university, socially progressive activists and a ‘Gourmet Ghetto,’ Berkeley’s summer weather is up to 20ºF (7ºC) warmer than in San Francisco
- from Muir Wood to Stinson Beach, some of the world’s tallest trees reach skyward in primordial forests near windblown beaches, just across the Golden Gate Bridge
- picturesque Sausalito and Tiburon bayside towns, perfect for strolling, are a fast ferry ride away in Marin County. Meet for sunset drinks and seafood by the water
- fancy-pants Napa Valley vineyards first put California on the world’s viticulture map. Cycle through rolling countryside, tipple top-tier wines and nab seats at star chefs’ tables
- with its 19th-century California mission town, farm-to-table kitchens and pastoral wineries that welcome picnicking, Sonoma retains its folksy ways
Coverage includes: Berkeley, Muir Woods, Stinson Beach, Sausalito, Tiburon, Napa Valley and Sonoma Valley.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95