San Antonio, Austin & Texas Road Trips - Heart of Texas Trip (Chapter)
This is the Heart of Texas Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s San Antonio, Austin & Texas Backcountry Road Trips Road Trips guidebook.
The big city sprawls of Houston and Dallas seem very far away as you drive through open land that’s barely been touched by humans. That feeling’s only enhanced when you travel back countless millennia at Palo Duro Canyon.
- see the ruins of a fort surrounded by wildflowers
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore Palo Duro Canyon, second in size only to the Grand Canyon
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- stroll through San Angelo’s historic district
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Laredo, Uvalde, Leakey, Fort McKavett State Historical Park, San Angelo, Big Spring, Turkey, Canyon, Palo Duro Canyon State Park, Amarillo, Lubbock and Texas Hwy 70.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95