Route 66 Road Trips - Central Route 66 Trip (Chapter)
This is the Central Route 66 Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s Route 66 Road Trips guidebook.
Concrete wigwams. A neon cowboy. Lumbering dinosaurs. ‘Get Your Kitsch on Route 66’ might be the best slogan for the scrubby patch of Mother Road connecting Texas, New Mexico and Arizona.
- peer over the edge of a mile-wide meteor crash site
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore the natural wonders at Petrified Forest National Park
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- spray-paint the desert-bound cars at Cadillac Ranch
- discover even more with detours, background info and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: McLean, Amarillo, Cadillac Ranch, Tucumcari, Albuquerque, Petrified Forest National Park, Winslow, Meteor Crater, Flagstaff, Seligman, Grand Canyon Caverns, Hackberry, Kingman, Oatman, Texas, New Mexico, Santa Fe, Gallup, Arizona, Holbrook, Walnut Canyon National Monument and Topock Gorge.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF