New York City - Day Trips from New York City (Chapter)
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from New York City and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include The Hamptons and Fire Island.
- The Hamptons is a sweeping coastline studded with opulent mansions that host see-and-be-seen summer parties
- Fire Island ramps up in summer with tiny rental bungalows, chill beach bars and, at one end, a famous gay scene, roaring with drag queens and a carefree clubs
- wine-tasting at Long Island’s vineyards is a fun day’s ramble, capped by main-street strolling and alfresco dining at waterside Greenport
- you could spend weeks exploring the Hudson Valley, with great hiking, open-air sculpture, charming towns and historic homes of American greats
- supplement your pilgrimage to Woodstock’s hippiedom with a round of antiquing and quiet walks in protected parks
Coverage includes: The Hamptons, Fire Island, North Fork, Hudson Valley, Woodstock & Saugerties.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF