Civil War Trail Road Trips - Lowcountry & Southern Coast Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lowcountry & Southern Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Civil War Trail Road Trips guidebook.
The Lowcountry welcomes travelers with a warm embrace. This coastal region, which stretches from Charleston south to Georgia, is a tangle of islands, inlets and tidal marshes. This drive sweeps in plantation life, military history, Gullah culture and a landmark African American school.
- watch the sun set over the marsh at Hunting Island State Park
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- learn about Navajo Code Talkers
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- meditate surrounded by the vast gardens of Middleton Place
- discover even more with walking tours and background information
Coverage includes: Charleston, Drayton Hall, Middleton Place, Walterboro, Beaufort, Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Penn Center, Hinting Island State Park, Edisto Island Scenic Byway, Charleston Walking Tour, South Carolina, Ashley River Plantations and Hilton Head.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95