Chicago - Day Trips from Chicago (Chapter)
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Chicago and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Oak Park and Indiana Dunes.
- tour Oak Park to see Frank Lloyd Wright’s studio and a slew of homes he designed for his neighbors; Ernest Hemingway’s birthplace is here too
- sunny beaches, woodsy trails, ranger-guided walks and towering sand dunes feature at Indiana Dunes, a combination of national and state park
- Wisconsin’s biggest city, Milwaukee, has a stellar lineup of beer, motorcycles, world-class art and a ballpark of racing sausages
- the artsy towns of Saugatuck and Douglas boom in summer thanks to their golden beaches, piney breezes, fruit pies and welcome-one, welcome-all mind-set
- Galena is quaint, with perfectly preserved, Civil War–era streets set amid rolling, cow-dotted hills by the Mississippi River
Coverage includes: Oak Park, Indiana Dunes, Milwaukee, Saugatuck & Douglas and Galena.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95