Chicago - Day Trips from Chicago (Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Chicago chapter from Lonely Planet's Chicago guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Chicago - and they can all be completed in a day. Must-sees include the Frank Lloyd Wright Home & Studio and Milwaukee Art Museum.
- In Oak Park, tour Frank Lloyd Wright's studio and see a slew of homes he designed for his neighbors. Ernest Hemingway's birthplace is here, too.
- Sunny beaches, woodsy trails, ranger-guided walks and towering sand dunes feature in Indiana Dunes.
- Milwaukee has a stellar line-up of beer, motorcycles, world-class art and a ballpark of racing sausages.
- Saugatuck and Douglas boom in summer thanks to their golden beaches, piney breezes, fruit pies and their welcome one, welcome all mindset
- Quaint Galena boasts perfectly preserved, Civil War-era streets set amid rolling, cow-dotted hills by the Mississippi River.
Coverage includes: Oak Park, Indiana Dunes, Milwaukee, Saugatuck, Douglas and Galena.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95