Amsterdam - Day Trips from Amsterdam (Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Amsterdam chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Amsterdam and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Haarlem and Leiden.
- Alleys wind among grand 17th-century buildings in lively Harlem, just a 15-minute hop from Amsterdam
- Leiden, Rembrandt’s picturesque, canal-woven birthplace, is home to the country’s oldest and most prestigious university
- See the world’s largest, loveliest flower gardens in bloom during spring at Keukenhof Gardens
- Delft’s Gothic and Renaissance architecture rivals its beautiful Delftware pottery
- Alkmaar’s centuries-old cheese market is one of the traditional cheese guilds’ last bastions
- Masterpieces abound in regal Den Haag’s exceptional museums, including the sublime Mauritshuis
- Watch windmills twirl and meet the millers at delightful Zaanse Schans
- Walk above vast, bustling, aromatic flower warehouses and catch the Bloemenveiling Aalsmeer’s auction action
Coverage includes: Haarlem, Leiden, Keukenhof Gardens, Delft, Alkmaar, Den Haag, Zaanse Schans and Bloemenveiling Aalsmeer.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF