Tanzania - Dar Es Salaam (Chapter)
This is the Dar es Salaam chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tanzania guidebook.
With a population of over three million and East Africa’s second-largest port, Dar es Salaam is Tanzania’s major centre. Yet under its veneer of urban bustle, the city remains a down-to-earth place, with a picturesque seaport, a mixture of African, Arabic and Indian influences and close ties to its Swahili roots. The city merits a visit in its own right as Tanzania’s political and economic hub, and the cultural heart of the country.
- Snorkel and relax on Mbudya or Bongoyo islands
- Immerse yourself in life local style
- Shop for crafts at one of the city’s many other craft venues
- Get to know the area around Dar es Salaam, starting with the beaches
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights & Activities, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Dar es Salaam, Pugu Hills, Offshore Islands, Northern Beaches and Southern Beaches.
Formats: EPUB, PDF, MOBI