Tahiti & French Polynesia - Bora Bora & Maupiti (Chapter)
This is the Bora Bora & Maupiti chapter from Lonely Planet's Tahiti & French Polynesia guidebook.
This is it, the one. As you arrive by plane the view says it all. The promise of a wonderland is instantly made good: a ring of sand-edged motu (islets) encircle a glinting turquoise lagoon around soaring rainforest-covered basaltic peaks.
- discovering all the perks of a world-class resort on secluded Motu Piti Aau
- exploring Maupiti's gin-clear lagoon while snorkelling with manta rays at Manta Point
- ogling the stunning cerulean blue lagoon on a boat tour and enjoying a barbecue picnic on a motu
- taking a 4WD tour to spot rusty WWII relics and ancient ceremonial sites
- taking it easy, basking lizardlike on heavenly Tereia Beach
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking, Entertainment and Shopping.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF