Barcelona - Day Trips from Barcelona (Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Barcelona chapter from Lonely Planet's Barcelona guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Barcelona - and they can all be completed in a day. Must-sees include the Teatre-Museu Dalí, the Monestir de Montserrat and the Museu d’Història de Tarragona.
- Girona’s splendid cathedral, a maze of narrow cobbled streets and Catalonia’s finest medieval Jewish quarter are part of this riverside town’s charms
- The Teatre-Museu Dalí in Figueres is Spain’s most surreal sight, a place of pilgrimagefor any fan of Salvador Dalí, and the artist’s final resting place.
- Catalonia’s most important shrine is this spectacularly sited mountain monastery in Montserrat, complete with Europe’s oldest choir and superb scenic walks.
- A classy old town and Sitges’ eating scene, superb string of beaches, great nightlife and a hedonistic carnival await visitors at the south coast’s premier seaside town.
- Tarragona is a sunny port city with a beautiful medieval core, boasting some of Spain’s most extensive Roman ruins and studded with tempting eating options.
Coverage includes: Girona, Figueres, Montserrat, Sitges and Tarragona.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95