Barcelona - Day Trips from Barcelona (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Barcelona chapter from Lonely Planet’s Barcelona guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Barcelona and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Girona and Figueres.
- Girona – a splendid cathedral, a maze of narrow cobbled streets and Catalonia’s finest medieval Jewish quarter are part of this riverside town’s charms
- Figures – the Teatre-Museu Dalí is Spain’s most surreal sight, a place of pilgrimage for any fan of Salvador Dalí, and the artist’s final resting place
- Montserrat – Catalonia’s most important shrine, is in this spectacularly sited mountain monastery, complete with Europe’s oldest choir and superb scenic walks
- Sitges – a classy old town and eating scene, superb beaches, great nightlife and a hedonistic carnival await visitors at the south coast’s premier seaside town
- Tarragona – this sunny port city has a beautiful medieval core, boasting some of Spain’s most extensive Roman ruins and studded with tempting eating options
Coverage includes: Girona, Figueres, Montserrat, Sitges, Tarragona, Teatre-Museu Dalí.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF