Seoul - Day Trips from Seoul (Chapter)
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Seoul and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Demilitarized Zone & Joint Security Area and Heyri.
- for history buffs and collectors of weird and unsettling experiences, a visit to the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) buffer between North and South Korea is not to be missed; in the Joint Security Area (JSA) you can straddle the line between the two countries
- the art and culture village of Heyri is a charming place to browse galleries and while away time in cafes; nearby Paju Book City is all about its contemporary architecture
- stride around the World Heritage–listed, 18th-century fortress walls of Suwon, drop by the restored Joseon-dynasty temporary palace and enjoy the charms of the Korean Folk Village
- Korea opened up to the world at the end of the 19th century and in the port city of Incheon you’ll find a colourful Chinatown, creative Art Platform and pleasant beaches on nearby islands
- connected to the mainland by bridge, the island of Ganghwado has a rich history that briefly saw it as the capital of Korea in the 13th century. Today it’s all about peaceful surrounds, temples and delicious seafood
Coverage includes: Demilitarized Zone & Joint Security Area, Heyri, Suwon, Incheon and Ganghwado.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95