To understand what makes Koreans tick, you should know something about harmony and hierarchy, highly valued principles that draw on Confucian ideals. Start with the language: the Korean greeting an·nyŏng ha·se·yo (How are you?) is literally translated as ‘Are you peaceful?’
Get More From Your Trip with Easy-to-Find Phrases for Every Travel Situation! Lonely Planet Phrasebooks have been connecting travellers and locals for over a quarter of a century - our phrasebooks and mobile apps cover more than any other publisher!
- Order the right meal with our menu decoder
- Never get stuck for words with our 3500-word two-way dictionary
- We make language easy with shortcuts, key phrases & common Q&As
- Feel at ease, with essential tips on culture & manners
Coverage includes: Basics, Practical, Social, Safe Travel, Food!
* Please note, this title is not available in digital PDF format.
About Book only purchase
We'll send you the physical printed book but you won't be given access to our PDF eBook downloads.
Select "Book + PDF eBook" i you would also like to download a digital version of this book.
Item(s) added to cart. Go to checkout now
What you get:
- 1 Printed Book
- Pages 272 pp
- Dimensions, 92mm x 140mm
- Weight 0.13 kg / 0.29 lb