Trans-Siberian Railway - Yekaterinburg to Krasnoyarsk (Chapter)
This is the Yekaterinburg to Krasnoyarsk chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans Siberian Railway guidebook.
This leg of the journey isn’t the most visually exciting, with little more to see than endless miles of semi-taiga and farmland. Perhaps the best way to make the journey, then, is on a series of night trains – you won’t miss much in the way of scenery and you’ll save on hotels.
- Taking a stroll through the student city of Tomsk () with its charming wooden homes
- Discovering the historic centre of Omsk
- Pondering Russia’s often violent history at the Romanovs’ execution site in Yekaterinburg
- Visiting the picturesque Trinity Monastery in Tyumen
- Exploring the dishevelled old town of Tobolsk
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Yekaterinburg, Around Yekaterinburg, Tyumen, Tobolsk, Omsk, Novosibirsk and Tomsk.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF