Trans-Siberian Railway - St Petersburg (Chapter)
This is the St Petersburg chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans Siberian Railway guidebook.
Beautiful, complex and imperious, with a hedonistic, creative temperament, St Petersburg is the ultimate Russian diva. From its early days as an uninhabited swamp, the 300-year-old city has been nurtured by a succession of rulers, enduring practically everything that history and nature’s harsh elements could throw at her.
- Climbing the enormous dome of St Isaac’s Cathedral for a bird’s-eye view of the imperial city
- Having the ultimate Russian experience by taking in a ballet at the Mariinsky Theatre
- Spending a day (or more!) in the Hermitage, one of the world’s unrivalled art collections
- Witnessing the amazing kaleidoscope of colours that is the Church on Spilled Blood
- Revelling with locals during the ethereal endless daylight of the White Nights
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Historic Heart, Vasilyevsky Island, Petrograd Side.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95