Trans-Siberian Railway - Moscow (Chapter)
This is the Moscow chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans Siberian Railway guidebook.
Moscow is an exhilarating and confounding contrast to the rest of Russia. Soak it up. Examine the art and move to the music; splurge on a ritzy restaurant; stay out till sunrise; get lost in the crowds. Once you get on that train, you may not get to do it again.
- Exploring the former Red October chocolate factory, now filled with art galleries, nightclubs and fashion boutiques.
- Ogling the icons, peruse the Peredvizhniki and contemplating the avant-garde at the State Tretyakov Gallery.
- Being awestruck by the assemblage of tall towers and onion domes on Red Square.
- Splurging on a Russian feast amidst 18th-century opulence at the Café Pushki.
- Seeing the dancers slide across Swan Lake at the Bolshoi Theatre
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Red Square & Kitay Gorod, Tverskoy District, Presnya & Arbat, Khamovniki, Zamoskvorechie.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF