Kuala Lumpur Melaka & Penang - Day Trips from Kuala Lumpur (Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Kuala Lumpur chapter from Lonely Planet's Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Kuala Lumpur - and they can all be completed in a day. Must-sees include Batu Caves and the Forest Research Institute of Malaysia (FRIM).
- Batu Caves, a dramatic limestone crag riddled with caverns, is both a natural marvel and religious site with its holy Hindu shrines and colourful dioramas.
- Switch track from the drone of city traffic and air-conditioning to birdsong and all-encompassing greenery at FRIM.
- Breathe easy at Fraser's Hill, a colonial-era, high-altitude resort on the Selangor-Pahang border that is also a top bird-spotting destination.
- In the Klang Valley, travel from city to coast, pausing at a range of fun attractions and sights, including a giant water theme park and a mega-mosque.
- Putrajaya, Malaysia's administrative hub, is a showboat of daring contemporary and Islamic heritage architecture arranged around a pretty, artificial lake.
Coverage includes: Batu Caves, Forest Research Institute of Malaysia, Fraser's Hill (Bukit Fraser), Klang Valley and Putrajaya.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF