From the Source - Japan (Cookbook)
Item(s) added to cart.Go to checkout now
Lonely Planet presents 60 of Japan’s most authentic dishes - direct from the kitchens where they were perfected.
From street-food vendors to Michelin-starred chefs, Japan’s best local cooks share their passion for food and 60 of their region’s classic recipes – from steaming soups and silky ramen noodles to fresh, hand-rolled sushi.
- Takoyaki - octopus balls
- Sukiyaki - soy-simmered beef
- Okonomiyaki - savoury pancakes
- Torinabe - Chicken and vegetable hotpot
- Iwashi sushi - Sardine sushi
- Tonkatsu - deep-fried breaded pork cutlet
- Teppo-jiru - miso soup with crab
- Soki soba - Okinawan pork rib ramen with a pork broth