Rome - Day Trips from Rome (PDF Chapter)
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Rome and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Ostia Antica and Tivoli.
- wander through complete streets, gape at ancient toilets and clamber over an amphitheatre at the ancient port of Ostia Antica, Rome’s very own Pompeii
- Tivoli, a hilltop town home to two Unesco World Heritage sites: Villa Adriana, the emperor Hadrian’s colossal country estate, and Villa d’Este, famous for its landscaped gardens and lavish fountains
- located south of Rome, Castelli Romani hosts the pretty Colli Albani (Alban Hills) and their 13 towns have long provided a green escape for overheated Romans
- the evocative tombs and archaeological treasures of this once important Etruscan city, Cerveteri, provide a window into a mysterious ancient world
- Orvieto, home to one of Italy’s most awe-inspiring Gothic cathedrals, this hilltop Umbrian town makes for a rewarding day trip
Coverage includes: Ostia Antica, Tivoli, Castelli Romani, Cerveteri and Orvieto.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95