Grand Tour of Italy Road Trips - Roaming Around Rome Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Roaming Around Rome chapter from Lonely Planet’s Grand Tour of Italy Road Trips guidebook.
While Rome (Roma) hogs the limelight, the area around the capital is a real eye-opener, with verdant scenery and thrilling cultural treasures – haunting ancient ruins, hilltop villas and landscaped Renaissance gardens.
- explore the remnants of Villa Adriana, Hadrian’s lavish country residence
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- stroll past fountains, frescoes and landscaped gardens in Tivoli
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- join Roman day trippers in Frascati for fine food, wine and ancient artefacts
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Ostia Antica, Castel Gandolfo, Frascati, Palestrina, Villa Adriana, Tivoli, Rome, Naples, Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF