Amalfi Coast Road Trips - Shadow of Vesuvius Trip (Chapter)
This is the Shadow of Vesuvius chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amalfi Coast Road Trips guidebook.
Beginning in the tumult that is Naples, this trip winds around the Bay of Naples to the ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum to seaside Sorrento – even daring the slopes of Vesuvius itself.
- climb to the summit of Mt Vesuvius for spectacular views
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- glimpse 2000 years of history with a walk through Naples’ centro historico
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- explore the fascinating and sobering ruins of Pompeii
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Naples and around, Portici, Herculaneum, Museo dell’Osservatorio Vesuviano, Mt Vesuvius, Oplontis, Boscoreale, Pompeii, Castellammare di Stabia, Sorrento, Ercolano, The Amalfi Coast, Positano, Praiano, Furore, Amalfi, Ravello, Minori, Cetara, Vietri sul Mare and Italy Travel Guide.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF