Hiking in Ireland - Central West (Chapter)
This is the Central West chapter from Lonely Planet's Hiking in Ireland guidebook.
The Central West of Ireland has distinct areas readily identified by their unique character, be it moors, limestone paths or rugged mountain summits. Wherever you go in the west, you'll find mountains, glens and coastline close by.
- explore some of Ireland's finest cliff walking around remote and peaceful Dún Caocháin
- spend several days discovering the marvellous variety of routes on Achill Island
- negotiate the rugged slopes of Mweelrea, Mayo's highest peak
- wander across the unique limestone pavements of the Burren
- transport & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sligo, Benbulbin, Achill Island, Achill Head & Croaghaun, Slievemore, Minaun Heights, Mayo, Dún Caocháin Cliffs, Corraun Hill, Corranbinna, Croagh Patrick, Mweelrea, Killary Harbour, Diamond Hill, Glencoaghan Horseshoe, Central Maumturks, Errisbeg, The Burren, Black Head, Connemara, The Burren, Achill Sound, Belmullet, Clifden, Delphi, Doolin, Fanore, Galway, Glencar, Glencoaghan, Keel, Leenane, Letterfrack, Murrisk, Pollatomish, Portacloy, Roundstone, Sligo, Westport.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.