Dublin - Day Trips from Dublin (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Dublin chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dublin guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Dublin, and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Brú Na Bóinne and Glendalough.
- Brú Na Bóinne, Neolithic passage tombs that are a highlight of any visit to Ireland.
- Glendalough, the remains of an early Christian monastic settlement nestled in a beautiful glacial valley.
- Howth, a seaside village with terrific restaurants at the foot of a bulbous head with fine walks.
- Enniskerry & Powerscourt Estate, a Palladian mansion with a stunning garden and even better views of the surrounding countryside.
- Castletown House & Around, Ireland’s largest Palladian home, built for the 18th century’s richest man.
- Dalkey, a compact village by the sea with a nice harbour and coastal walks.
Coverage includes: Brú Na Bóinne, Glendalough, Howth, Enniskerry & Powerscourt Estate, Castletown House & Around and Dalkey.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95