Iceland's Ring Road Road Trips - Southeast Iceland Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southeast Iceland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland’s Ring Road guidebook.
The mighty Vatnajökull ice cap dominates the Southeast, its huge rivers of frozen ice pouring down steep-sided valleys towards the sea, like icing on a cake. Vistas are vast and otherworldly.
- explore Skaftafell, the jewel in the crown of Vatnajökull National Park
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- boat around the ice sculptures of a captivating lagoon at Jökulsárlón
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- take a hair-raising snowmobile ride along Route F985, 840m above sea level
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Fjaðrárgljúfur, Kirkjubæjarklaustur, Lómagnúpur, Skeiðarársandur, Skaftafell, Ingólfshöfði, Vatnajökull National Park, Fjallsárlón, Jökulsárlón, Hali, Route F985, Heinabergsjökull, Hólmur, Hoffellsjökull and Höfn.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95
Get the eBook now and the book upon release
This product is available only on pre-order