Berlin - Day Trips from Berlin (Chapter)
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Berlin and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Potsdam & Schloss Sanssouci and Sach-senhausen Concentration Camp.
- It’s practically impossible to not be enchanted by this rambling park and palace ensemble starring Schloss Sanssouci at Potsdam
- The horrors of the Third Reich become all too real at Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, what’s left of one of Germany’s oldest Nazi-built concentration camps
- Anchored by a delightful Altstadt (old town), Spandau flaunts its historic pedigree
- Tree-lined streets with mansions and manicured lawns lace Grunewald & Dahlem, Berlin’s poshest area, which also boasts plenty of culture cred
- Hemmed in by the Havel River, Wannsee counts palaces, forests and historical sights among its assets
- Köpenick is home to Berlin’s largest lake, a sprawling forest, a handsome baroque castle and a medieval centre
Coverage includes: Potsdam & Schloss Sanssouci, Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, Spandau, Grunewald & Dahlem, Wannsee, Köpenick.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95