Provence & Southeast France Road Trips - Roman Provence Trip (Chapter)
This is the Roman Provence chapter from Lonely Planet’s Provence & Southeast France Road Trips guidebook.
Follow Roman roads, cross Roman bridges and discover that most of Provence’s Roman ruins aren’t ruins at all. Many are well preserved, and some are integrated into the modern city. With Provence’s landscape as a backdrop, history never looked so good!
- explore a beautiful 1st century AD temple that’s still intact
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- be awed by the Pont du Gard, an aqueduct of dizzying scale
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- spot ancient ruins in a bustling city square
- discover even more with tips on kayaking down the Gard River, plus background information on key historical sights
Coverage includes: Nîmes, Pont du Gard, Arles, Glanum, Orange, Vaison-la-Romaine, Uzès and France travel guide.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF