Paris - Day Trips from Paris (Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Paris chapter from Lonely Planet’s Paris guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Paris and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Versailles and Disneyland Resort Paris.
- when it comes to over-the-top opulence, the colossal Château de Versailles is in a class of its own, even for France
- the ‘party never stops’ at Europe’s Disneyland theme park, Disney Village’s hotels, shops, restaurants and clubs, and Walt Disney Studios Park, bringing film, animation and TV production to life
- a lavish château and rambling forest grace the elegant town of Fontainebleau, and its international business school gives it a vibrant edge
- rising from fertile farmland, Chartres’ Cathédrale Notre Dame, famed for its beautiful stained glass, dominates the charming medieval town
- art and/or garden lovers shouldn’t miss Giverny’s maison et jardins de Claude Monet, the former home and flower-filled gardens of the impressionist master
Coverage includes: Versailles, Disneyland Resort Paris, Fontainebleau, Chartres, Giverny, Château de Fontainebleau, Cathédrale Notre Dame and Maison et Jardins de Claude Monet.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95