Paris - Day Trips from Paris (Chapter)
This is the Day Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Paris guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Paris - and they can all be completed in a day. Must-sees include Versailles and Disneyland Resort Paris.
- When it comes to over-the-top opulence, the colossal Château de Versailles (shut Monday) is in a class of its own, even for France.
- The ‘party never stops’ at Europe’s Disneyland theme park, Disney Village’s hotels, shops, restaurants and clubs, and Walt Disney Studios Park, bringing film, animation and TV production to life.
- A lavish château (shut Tuesday) and rambling forest grace the elegant town of Fontainebleau, and its international business school gives it a vibrant edge.
- Rising from fertile farmland, Chartres’ Cathédrale Notre Dame, famed for its beautiful stained glass, dominates the charming medieval town of Chartres.
- Art and/or garden lovers shouldn’t miss Giverny’s Maison et Jardins de Claude Monet (closed from November to March), the former home and flower-filled gardens of the impressionist master.
Coverage includes: Versailles, Disneyland Resort Paris, Fontainebleau, Château de Fontainebleau, Chartres, Cathédrale Notre Dame, Giverny and Maison de Claude Monet.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95