Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips - In Flanders Fields Trip (Chapter)
This is the In Flanders Fields Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips guidebook.
WWI history comes to life in this tour of the battlefields where Allied and German troops endured three years of trench warfare. Stopovers in Lille, Arras and Amiens offer an urban counterpoint.
- see a sobering maze of overgrown trenches, untouched since WWI
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- visit an underground quarry turned battlefield
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- go on a boat tour of medieval market gardens
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes:Lille, Vimy Ridge, Arras, Newfoundland Memorial, Thiepval, Las Boisselle, Amiens, Villers-Bretonneux, Péronne, Somme American Cemetery, Flanders, Artois, Arras, Battle of the Somme, Flanders & Artois Memorials and Picardy.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF