Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips - D-Day Beaches Trip (Chapter)
This is the D-Day’s Beaches Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips guidebook.
Explore the events of D-Day, when Allied troops stormed ashore to liberate Europe from Nazi occupation. From war museums to landing beaches, it’s a fascinating and sobering experience.
- wander among shell craters that haven’t changed since D-Day
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- pay your respects at the Normandy American Cemetery & Memorial
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- visit an award-winning D-Day museum
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Caen, Ouistreham, Juno & Gold Beaches, Arromanches, Longues-sur-Merm, Bayeux, Omaha Beach, Pointe du Hoc, Utah Beach, Normandy, Rouen, Dieppe, Côte d’Albâtre, Le Havre, Les Andelys, D-Day Beaches, Trouville, Deauville and Honfleur.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF