Brittany & Normandy - Background (Chapter)
This is the Background chapter from Lonely Planet's Brittany & Normandy guidebook.
This chapter gives you all the background details you need to get the most out of your trip to Brittany and Normandy. It has all you need to know about D-Day, Monet, camembert, cider, seafood, and everything in between.
- detailed history overview, with special D-Day section
- absolute crêpes: the lowdown on this Breton classic, and its savoury sister, the galette
- buy a new belt: all of Normandy's diet defying cheeses and cakes
- Brittany and Normandy's wonderful artistic legacy, with recommended galleries
- never order boudin for breakfast again with our indispensable food glossary
Coverage includes: History, Breton Culture, Politics, Language, Music, Costume, Food & Drink, Food Glossary.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.