Venice & the Veneto - Day Trips from Venice (PDF Chapter)
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Venice and they can all be completed in a day. Must-sees include Riviera Brenta and Padua (Padova).
- see where 18th-century Venetian elites gambled away their summers in Palladian-style villas in Riviera Brenta
- Padua is a vibrant university town with a treasure trove of fresco cycles from its medieval golden age
- Palladio’s adopted home, Vicenza, is defined by the architect’s classical restraint, while its countryside is dotted with his elegant villas
- share a glass of prosecco with hardworking locals in one of the Veneto’s most underrated areas on a Prosecco Road Trip
- Romeo and Juliet were fictional, but Verona’s real history lives on its Roman arena, Romanesque churches and Renaissance gardens
- Valpolicella yields some of Italy’s biggest, boldest reds, while Soave delivers crisp, refreshing whites
Coverage includes: Riviera Brenta, Padua (Padova), Vicenza, Prosecco Road Trip, Verona and Verona’s Wine Country.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95