Discover Great Britain travel guide
This product is currently out of stock
Our new Discover Great Britain travel guide (5th edition) is due May 1, 2017. Please note that in other parts of the world it will be called Best of Great Britain travel guide (1st edition). Both editions contain the same great content.
Lonely Planet's Discover Great Britain is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Ponder the mysteries of Stonehenge, blend medieval with modern during a London city tour, or follow a round of golf with a wee dram of Scottish whisky; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Great Britain and begin your journey now!
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, music, architecture, sport, politics, landscapes, food, drink
- Free, convenient pull-out London map (included in print version), plus over 30 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Kids
Coverage includes: London, Oxford, Central England, Bath, Southwest England, York, Northern England, Wales, Edinburgh, Central Scotland, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands and more
* Please note, this title is not available in ebook format.
Download our FREE special-interest ebook, Accessible Edinburgh: A Festival Guide, to inspire your next trip.
ISBN: 9781743214572 Language: English
416 pages, 416 pp colour, 53 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: May 2017