Discover Great Britain travel guide
Item(s) added to cart.Go to checkout now
Lonely Planet's Discover Great Britain is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Ponder the mysteries of Stonehenge, blend medieval with modern during a London city tour, or follow a round of golf with a wee dram of Scottish whisky; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Great Britain and begin your journey now!
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, music, architecture, sport, politics, landscapes, food, drink
- Free, convenient pull-out London map (included in print version), plus over 30 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Kids
Coverage includes: London, Oxford, Central England, Bath, Southwest England, York, Northern England, Wales, Edinburgh, Central Scotland, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands and more
* Please note, this title is not available in ebook format.
Download our FREE special-interest ebook, Accessible Edinburgh: A Festival Guide, to inspire your next trip.
ISBN: 9781743214572 Language: English
416 pages, 416 pp colour, 53 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Jun 2017