London - Day Trips from London (Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from London chapter from Lonely Planet’s London guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from London and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Windsor Castle and Oxford.
- the bastion of British royalty, Windsor Castle overlooks the affluent town of Windsor, picturesquely located along the River Thames
- the world’s oldest university town, Oxford boasts more than three dozen prestigious (and eye-catching) colleges, but also some world-class museums
- with its heady mix of seaside, seediness and sophistication, Brighton is London’s favourite coastal resort - with a mock-Moghul summer palace thrown in to boot
- awash in exquisite architecture, steeped in history and tradition and renowned for its quirky rituals, Cambridge is the quintessential English university town
- a cultural trendsetter and fashionable haunt for three centuries, Bath has so many architectural gems the entire city has been named a World Heritage Site
Coverage includes: Windsor Castle, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95