Yellowstone & Grand Teton NP - Yellowstone National Park (Chapter)
This is the Yellowstone National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Yellowstone guidebook.
Yellowstone National Park is the crown jewel of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. Yellowstone’s beauty is spectacular subtle and diverse, from the steaming geysers and sublime lakes of the south to the golden canyons and wildlife-rich valleys of the north. The park’s real joys lie off the tarmac, at the end of a backcountry hiking or fishing trail.
- Wander the colorful travertine mounds of the Lower Terrace and watch elk walk around the historic buildings in Mammoth.
- Feel the hair stand up on the back of your neck as you spot your first wild wolf or grizzly in the Lamar Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
- Experience the tension build as you wait for an eruption of Old Faithful.
- Marvel at the ethereal floating rainbow colors of Grand Prismatic Spring, Yellowstone’s most beautiful thermal feature
Coverage includes: Mammoth Country, Roosevelt Country, Canyon Country, Lake Country, Norris, Geyser Country, Bechler Region, Driving, Day Hikes, Overnight Hikes.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95