USA - Pacific Northwest (Chapter)
This is the Pacific Northwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
As much a state of mind as a geographical region, the US’s northwest corner is a land of subcultures and new trends, where evergreen trees frame snow-dusted volcanoes, and inspired ideas scribbled on the back of napkins become tomorrow’s business start-ups.
- Watch the greatest outdoor show in the Pacific Northwest in Seattle’s theatrical Pike Place Market
- Admire trees older than Europe’s Renaissance castles in Washington’s Olympic National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
- Ride a bike around clean, green, serene Portland, energized by beer, coffee
- View one of the greatest pages of American history in the Columbia River’s Lewis & Clark National & State Historical Parks
Coverage includes: Washington, Seattle, Around Seattle, Olympic Peninsula, San Juan Islands, North Cascades, Northeastern Washington, South Cascades, Central & Southeastern Washington, Oregon, Portland, Around Portland, Willamette Valley, Columbia River Gorge, Oregon Cascades, Southern Oregon, Eastern Oregon, Oregon Coast and Oregon Coast.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF