Alaska - Prince William Sound (Chapter)
This is the Prince William Sound chapter from Lonely Planet’s Alaska guidebook.
Enclosed in a jagged-edged circle and infused with fjords and glaciers, Prince William Sound is stunning. With only three cities, the 15,000 sq mile region is mostly wilderness packed with quiet coves and rainy islands.
- Listen, from your tent, to the apocalyptic thunder of Childs Glacier calving
- Take a helicopter ride above and around Valdez’ vertical peaks
- restaurants & accommodation
- Spot Dall porpoises in the Sound and watch icebergs from Columbia Glacier glow on the horizon as you glide by on the Alaska state ferry
- Spending an afternoon wandering the Buckner building in Whittier
Coverage includes: Valdez, Cordova and Whittier.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.
was USD $4.95