Alaska - Denali & the Interior (Chapter)
This is the Denali & the Interior chapter from Lonely Planet’s Alaska guidebook.
Adventures are served up raw in this part of the state, or barbecued with a pint of handcrafted beer. The best of the Interior can be found forging a trail alone down a braided riverbed, but once-in-a-lifetime encounters with natural wonders can also be had from the seat of a rumbling park bus. Denali National Park is blessed with the continent’s mightiest mountain, abundant megafauna and easy access.
- Step into the great expanse of untouched wilderness in Wrangell-St Elias National Park
- Cruise the Glenn Highway and view wildlife on the Park Road
- Go hiking, canoeing or birdwatching off the lonely, scenic Denali Highway
- restaurants & accommodation
- Circle the highest mountain in North America on a flightseeing tour out of Talkeetna
Coverage includes: Denali National Park, George Parks Highway, Nancy Lake State Recreation, Area, Talkeetna, Denali State Park, Cantwell & Broad Pass, Nenana, Cantwell, Tangle Lakes, Fairbanks & around, Chena Hot Springs Road, the Alcan/Alaska, Highway, Delta Junction, Tok, Chicken, Fortymile River, Eagle, Glennallen, Wrangell-St Elias and National Park.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.