Trans-Siberian Railway - Trans-Manchurian Route (Chapter)
This is the Trans-Manchurian Route chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans Siberian Railway guidebook.
For connoisseurs of obscure rail routes, the Trans-Manchurian Railway ranks high on the wish list. It’s not on the mainline to Vladivostok, nor does it take the ‘tourist route’ via Mongolia; rather, the weekly Vostok (19/20) chugs through China’s rust belt, where foreign faces are few and far between.
- Delving into Hā’ěrbīn’s unique Semitic past at Hā’ěrbīn New Synagogue, which recounts the experience of 20,000 Jews on Chinese soil
- Braving the cold to see the spectacular ice sculptures carved at Hā’ěrbīn’s legendary Ice & Snow Festival
- Hanging out with Russian traders in the prosperous border town of Mănzhōulǐ
- Experiencing the unique fusion of historic Russia and modern-day China on the cobblestone streets of Hā’ěrbīn’s Dàolǐqū district
- Viewing some majestic felines at the Siberian Tiger Park, just outside Hā’ěrbīn
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mănzhōulǐ, Hā’Ěrbīn, Chángchūn, Shānhǎiguān and Shānhǎiguān.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF