Auckland & the Bay of Islands Road Trips - Northland & the Bay of Islands Trip (Chapter)
This is the Northland & the Bay of Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Auckland & the Bay of Islands Road Trips guidebook.
Embark on this diverse northern adventure showcasing New Zealand’s Māori and colonial history amid a backdrop of sparkling beaches, soaring forests and hidden harbours.
- explore Cape Reinga, the leaving point for souls to the spiritual Māori homeland
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- discover Waipoua State Forest and pay homage to giant centuries-old kauri trees
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- experience Poor Knights marine reserve by diving, snorkelling, kayaking or paddle boarding
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Auckland, Mangawhai Heads, Waipu, Whangarei, Tutukaka, Russell, Paihia, Kerikeri, Mangonui, Cape Reinga, Ahipara, Rawene, Opononi & Omapere, Waipoua Forest and Matakohe.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95