Great Britain's Best Trips - Central England (Chapter)
History lies at every turn: the sites of battles that dethroned monarchs; the castles that helped keep kings on the throne; some of England’s finest stately homes; the industrial heritage that forged a nation.
- discover the essential England: impossibly pretty villages and the birthplace of the Bard
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore history-rich mines, factories and mills; this is where modern England was made
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- experience brooding moors, rocky hills and adrenaline sports – an adventure-packed drive
- discover even more with discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Bath, Tetbury, Painswick, Cirencester, Bibury, Gloucester & Cheltenham, Northleach, Burford, The Slaughters, Stow-on-the-Wold, The Cotswold Way, Chipping Campden, Broadway Tower, Broadway, Winchcombe, Stratford-upon-Avon, Manchester, Stoke-on-Trent, Ironbridge Gorge, Cosford Royal Airforce Museum, Attingham Park, Shrewsbury, Snailbeach, Hereford, Westons Cider Mills, Great Malvern, Derby, Kedleston Hall, Ashbourne, Bakewell, Haddon Hall, Caudwell’s Mill, Cromford Mill, Matlock Bath, Chatsworth House, Chesterfield, Eyam, Derwent Reservoirs, Edale, Castleton, Tideswell, Poole’s Cavern, Buxton, Nottingham, Leicester, Charlecote Park, Bosworth Battlefield, Warwick, Sulgrave Manor, Althorp House, Burghley House, Woolsthorpe Manor, Lincoln and Stratford-upon-Avon Walking Tour.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95